10 amazing ways Neuro-education improves your child’s brain development
Over the past few years, there has been a growing interest on Neuroscience
research, providing us with many ideas in creating school environments wherein a
child actually learn something to take home with them after a day at school.
Assignments, homeworks do give us a vague idea and snapshot, but does it really
impart knowledge? Has the kid really understood the concept or has he
misinterpreted it? This is where Neuro-education comes into the picture.
Neuro-education is an approach wherein the mental process involved in
learning is understood. The goal of Neuro-education is to get children engaged and
active which in turn will improve their learning.
There are few critical elements involved in your child's overall development.
1) Learning Capacity: How big is your child’s brain? Learning capacity plays a vital role in child’s development. Neuro-education created specific play-based activities which has greater impact on a child’s paradigm towards the way they learn. Well thought out games and activities promotes a strong neural foundations and competencies in their brain which helps them to build optimal learning capacity.
2) Memory: Have you seen yourself in any situation that your child recalls a key information at a right time? Neuro-education offers a variety of methods in a child’s memory development process. Formation of a memory (attention), access to the memory and retention of memory are the 3 pillars of memory process. Implementing clear tactics on the memory process helps in boosting levels of attention, access and retention of any information in a child’s brain.
3) Handling Situations: Ever had a feeling that your child should do better (in school) on their own? Yeah, that’s a part of their education process. They should solve a problem using various methods and not just stick to one what they know. It’s more than a fight or flight response, by getting them to solve their problem mindfully.
4) Smart thinking: Every child has an abundance of creativity in their tank but only few are extremely smart beyond their ages. The natural tendency in human being to look for rewards is the ultimate key in their quick thinking process. Variety of rewards will push them to think and act smartly to win rewards.
5) Cognitive functions: Have you heard of Mozart effect? Neuro-education shows that learning to play an instrument or learning about notes, rhythm and song can create neural impact on how child's brain develops. Because the brain has a capacity to create new neural connections through music and the outcome of those connections is higher IQ.
6) Emotional intelligence: Does your child get emotional too often? Without emotions there is no cognition in the brain. Emotional learning plays a key part of child's behaviour in their brain development process. Helping them learn to handle emotions in their own language, will radically improve their belief in their capabilities.
7) Social Intelligence: Is your child socially connected? In a nutshell, humans are social beings. Honouring and reinforcing your child's development in friendships will strengthen their social relationship. Educating your child to treat people respectfully and helping them to repair relationships will boost their confidence in people handling skills.
8) Communication: Language development is a critical part of your child’s overall development. It supports your child’s ability to communicate, express and understand feelings. Talking to your child and telling stories at a regular basis will increase their listening and communicating skills.
9) Physical Conditioning: Getting right physical activities will boost the confidence and brain chemicals in your children. A well crafted approach involves making time during the day for relaxation, movements, exercises and dance sessions, as it helps to provide more oxygen to the brain and improves their physical strength.
10) Overcoming learning disabilities: Neuro-education also helps children with special abilities. A child with Dyslexia, ADHD, etc will understand and learn things through different levels of mental processes. Specific approaches relating to the respective disorders will broaden their learning capabilities.
Those 10 critical factors will influence the overall shape of your child’s development.
Investing a part of your time on your children present, will have a tremendous impact on their future and their bond with you. Hope you enjoyed, see you soon !!